Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Our Happenings

Life has been pretty busy. Lots of coming and going. Chad has been working hard. Last Friday, his work put on a luau for the residents and the community. Chad worked almost 12 hours that day. Needless to say, he was pretty exhausted by the time he got home. I was able to join him at the luau for a little bit and eat dinner with him. I love visiting him at work. It's so fun to talk to the residents. There are a few that I've gotten pretty close to that I love seeing every time I go. It's just so fun.

Chad is also just starting his new calling as Cub Scout Master...of 3 wards! He is still very nervous about his ability to do the job but I know he will be great. He was never that into Scouts when he was young so he'll be learning lots along with the boys.

Saturday was another big day. My lovely sister and sister-in-law threw me a baby shower on Saturday. It ended up being very small, just me, my sister, 3 sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law but it was so fun! It was very relaxed. We just sat around a chatted for few hours, mostly about babies. I loved it. It was fun to hear their stories and it's gotten me even more excited for the challenges and joys of motherhood. Thanks, all you galls, for making it so fun! And thank you for the lovely gifts!

Later on Saturday, Chad and I went to a tri-stake dance festival put on by the youth of the Church. The youth of our stake and 2 others have been working hard all summer to put this together. They've had practices almost every week and it was so amazing to see all their hard work pay off. They all did a wonderful job! Even though they were doing fun dances like Hoedown Throwdown, Napoleon Dynamite and Thriller, I was almost brought to tears several times as I was watching. The youth of the Church have such a special Spirit about them. Our Heavenly Father really watches out for them and I know He was very pleased with their hard work and performance. What a wonderful way to do missionary work through dance! I just love the Youth Program. I am so proud of all who performed!

We are now down to less than 2 weeks on our countdown for the baby! Chad and I have just been anxiously waiting for the day he decides to grace us with his presence. We found out at our appointment yesterday that I am dilated to about a 2. So we are making progress! No sign of any real contraction yet. I did wake up Sunday feeling very nauseated. I kept getting waves of nauseousness mixed with a little bit of cramps. I'm guessing those might have been contractions but they didn't turn into anything. So we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

That's it for now! We'll try to keep the blog updated but things will be getting pretty hectic here soon. Hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I saw your blog link on chads facebook, I just wanted to give you encouragement on your upcoming birth.
    I don't know your personal experiences but I know how people tend to see pregnant women and tell them there "horror story" (and unsolicited advice I know I'm guilty to, sorry)
    especially if they tell them they plan on trying for a birth without pain meds.
    I just wanted to say that I have faith that everything will always turn out how God intended. and as a trained Doula my best advice is consciously relax and progressively let go of tensing In your entire body when the contractions first start to get practice for the later ones, move around and change positions as much as possible, and when you think you can't possibly go on its almost over.
    In one of my favorite movies about birth one woman said “I knew I couldn’t do it - and then I did it!! I hit that wall - and I scaled it. Its so empowering that I could do this for myself and my baby”
    Best wishes,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete