Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just a Coincidence?

We're down to less than 4 weeks until our baby's due date. So, of course, Chad and I have been talking a lot about the upcoming birth of our baby boy. The due date is September 6th, Labor Day. As the time has been drawing closer, whenever I or others have talked about having the baby in September, I seem to have this voice that automatically tells me, "You're going to have an August baby." I kind of shrug it off but I still have this crazy feeling that he will come in August. And I don't really know why.

I was explaining all of this to Chad last night and this is the conversation that ensued:

Chad: "So, when do you think the baby will come?"

Laina: "I keep thinking about 2 weeks early. That puts the date at...(walks over to calender and checks the date)...the 23rd of August, or there about.

"Why? When do you see the baby coming?"

Chad: (points out the 21st through the 25th of August) "I was thinking the exact same time period. Christy (his boss) keeps telling me that the baby can't come on the 20th because that's when the luau is at work and she really needs my help. My reaction has always been that the baby won't come then but it will be right after that."

We then proceeded to talk about how crazy it is that we are always on the same wavelength like that. That's exactly how we picked out our wedding date. We're really excited to see when the baby will decide to come now. We are not counting on him to come when we feel he will at all, but it will be fun if he does! Knowing us, because of this whole situation, he will be a week or so late. :)

We are very excited and anxious to meet our little guy!

P.S. If anyone has any guesses as to when our boy will enter the world, please comment! It will be fun to see who is closest!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I felt like that, too, with my first. And she was born the day before my "guess" date. So... I say, believe in it! I also say way to go with your thoughts on natural childbirth. It's up to every woman how she wants her experience to proceed, so good for you for taking charge! I've heard the hypno-birth method works quite well and can be a great experience (though I've always opted for some meds). I hope it's everything you're hoping for!
    cousin kamber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kamber. When I was pregnant with the twins I kept trying to plan Bekah's 2nd birthday party the Saturday before her birthday, but every time I went to write it on the calendar, something kept telling me there was something very special about that particular day and not to plan the party for then. The twins were born that day (8 weeks early!). I wonder why we're given these little glimpses into the future when it seems like it's just to satisfy our curiosity and no real urgent reason.

    ReplyDelete