Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

No Baby Yet...

So Chad's and my prediction was wrong. It is now August 31st and we don't have a baby yet. Who knows...I could go into labor today and still have an August baby but we're not counting on it. The last week has been a roller coaster for both of us. Probably more so for me than Chad. I've tried as hard as I can to not fix my mind on having the baby. But it hasn't worked so well. I have woken up every morning hoping that "today will be the day!" and then ending up extremely disappointed every night when it isn't.

Sunday was the worst. Saturday night, I was feeling a lot of pressure in my pelvis (as I do most nights) and had a contraction or 2. And then between 4 and 6 in the morning I had 2 more contractions. And all through this I just felt nauseated pretty much constantly. All of that really got my hopes up that my contractions would become more frequent until I went into labor but the only other one I had that day was at about 1:30 in the afternoon. And I haven't had anything since then. Needless to say, it was very disappointing for me.

We did get some good news at our appointment yesterday. I am dilated to a 3! So progress is being made! We did talk about different options with our midwife because my mom found a really good deal on a ticket to come out this Saturday and stay until the 15th. My due date is next Monday so my mom was nervous about the baby being late and missing him altogether. The midwife talked about scheduling an inducement for next week and this and that. It was so tempting to go ahead with the inducement next week but I just didn't quite feel right about it. So I had to resign myself to more waiting. Which I wasn't happy about and had a little meltdown over.

But once I had that meltdown, I started feeling a lot better about things. I really started to humble myself and trust that he will come when he comes. And we will be so excited whenever that happens to be! And until then I am so excited to work on a blanket I have all planned out for him! I just need to remember that I will be able to shower him with kisses soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. Have you asked your midwife about some possible natural induction methods? like acupressure, herbs, evening primrose oil *cough*Castor oil*cough* just to name a few. your little guy and our father in heaven are own there own time schedule and there timing is always perfect. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete