Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Introducing!

 Hadassah Rose Phelps
Born May 25, 2012 at 4:40pm
7lbs, 19in long


 Lucky for her, she inherited her daddy's famous dimples!


We all are so in love with this little girl!  None of us can get enough of her!  I mean, seriously, look at that face!

Lucky for mom, she did not come into the world the same way her brother did!  Labor was a total of about 7 hours.  Right from the beginning, contractions were very intense.  I quickly decided to go for an epidural this time around.  Looking back, I think it was heavenly inspiration.  I tested Group B Strep positive which means I had to be on IV antibiotics during labor.  And I needed to be on them for 4 hours before I delivered, otherwise we would have to stay an extra day in the hospital.  I saw the midwife at the office before going to the hospital.  At this point, only a few hours into labor, my contractions were only a couple minutes apart.  The midwife checked me and I was already dilated to a 6 and 100% effaced.  The midwife called ahead to the hospital and they whisked me in to hook up the IV as soon as I got there.  That was at 12:10pm so I had to hold off pushing until 4:10, if at all possible.  I'm afraid that if I had not gone for the epidural, I would not have been able to hold off.  I started feeling pressure to push before 4 but it wasn't bad so I held off.  The midwife got there just before 4:30, I started pushing and Hadassah entered the world after only several good pushes (I pushed for over 2 hours with Jarek!).

The Spirit in our home is so much sweeter with Hadi in it.  We are so blessed to have her in our family!

1 comment: