Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Wonderful Weekend

Chad and I had a really great weekend. We went down to Salt Lake on Friday for a marriage retreat. On our way down we stopped to see this wonderful man, my Bumpa.

And, of course, his beautiful wife, my Grandma Bev. They live in Kaysville. They are currently trying to sell their house so they can move back to Minnesota. I knew I had to take advantage of the opportunity to see them while we could. It was such a treat to spend a little time and have lunch with them. I don't think I can express how much I love them! In my grandpa's own words...they're just ok. ;)

After a yummy lunch we continued on our way to Salt Lake for an awesome marriage retreat put on by this lovely couple, Gary and Joy Lundberg.

We had dinner Friday night followed by a great seminar. Saturday morning we had another yummy meal followed by another seminar until noon. Thank you so so so so so much to Brent and Lar (Chad's parents) for making it possible for us to go! It was so great! We both learned so much! I'm so happy we were able to go during our first year of our marriage. There are so many things you have to figure out about each other that makes your first year quite the roller coaster. There were a lot of things that we've tried to tell each other but it took someone outside of our relationship to tell us the same thing to make it click. What a wonderful learning experience! It was just amazing!

The whole Phelps clan that went to the retreat minus Tiffani and Nathan. They ran back to their hotel room to pack a little too soon. Bummer that they're not in the picture! It was great to see everyone there!

Chad and I in our hotel room. What a goof! But that's why I love him! Thanks again, Brent and Lar!

No comments:

Post a Comment