Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Home again, Home again

I just had a wonderful week in the great city of Richfield, Minnesota (highest teen pregnancy rate in the state. Yep, we're cool). Sorry, no pictures. Spent time with my wonderful family that I miss so much and hung with great friends. It was just what the doctor ordered!

Living in Idaho since Chad and I got married has been quite the experience for me. Some days it feels like I'm living in a completely different world. It's the exact opposite of where I grew up. And seeing his family all the time and never seeing mine is hard sometimes. I love the Phelps family. All of Chad's family members are wonderful people and they've done a wonderful job of making me feel like one of the family. I don't feel like a in-law. But the Phelps family has a very different dynamic than my family so sometimes I really feel out of my comfort zone. And at those times I really feel distant from my family and really miss them.

After 7 months of dealing with all of that this trip was just what I needed. I got to be in a place where I really felt the love and support of my family which I feel I've lacked for awhile. Both of my brothers live with my mom which made it all the more wonderful. I got to see my 2 big brothers, my sister (in-law technically but doesn't feel that way) and my adorable niece every day. I got to chat with my brother while I watched him play video games. Something that really made me feel at home because I used to do that all the time. I got to talk to my other brother about books and other things like that. Something we have a mutual love for. I got to chat with my sister-in-law about so many different things. She's always been a great friend. I got to answer all the questions my niece had about the baby in my tummy. Everyday she had to make sure he was still in there :). And I got to talk to my mom about marriage, motherhood and just life. And I also got to hang out with all my great high school friends. It was great to feel their love and support as well, even though we all are at such different stages in my life. The whole week was wonderful!

And as the week ended I was ready to come HOME to Idaho. Yep, I said home. I missed my husband sooooo much and our little apartment. I do love Idaho. I'm just still trying to get used to it. My trip helped me appreciate things I love about Idaho more. And when I get to the point when I really feel out of my element I know I have a wonderful husband by my side and a family that will always be there. I have been blessed so much and I love my life. No matter where I live. Wherever Heavenly Father needs me and my little family to be will be home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment