Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Every Day

Well, today has been a really good day. Chad's niece, Harlee, was baptized today. Chad requested work off but he didn't get it off so I thought I was going to have to go to Blackfoot all by myself. Luckily, Chad was able to leave early so we went to that together. We missed the baptism but were there for the confirmation. It was so nice. Harlee looked so pretty in her baptism dress. I was so happy for her. And very happy that she decided to take such an important step in her life. How wonderful it is to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost! Laney gave a wonderful talk about the Holy Ghost and I came away feeling so grateful that I have such a precious gift. It was really great! :) What an awesome afternoon!
And tonight we get to feed the missionaries. I love having the missionaries over! They always bring such a sweet spirit with them. And then later, all of Chad's siblings and parents are getting together for dinner. I know two dinners sounds crazy but Brandon and Melissa are here from Utah and it's always nice to spend time with family. I am so grateful that both Chad and I were raised and taught that family is so important and that you always make time to spend time with them. It's so great that we don't have to argue about not wanting to spend time with either family. I really love both of our families!

I have been listening to Pandora radio a lot lately and this song came on that I really want to share with you. It's "Every Day" by Rascal Flatts. I don't really like them all that much but this song really struck me.

You could've bowed out gracefully
But you didn't
You knew enough to know
To leave well enough alone
But you wouldn't
I drive myself crazy
Tryin' to stay out of my own way
The messes that I make
But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me
Yeah, you get me
It's amazing to me

How every day
Every day, every day
You save my life

I come around all broken down and
Crowded out
And you're comfort
Sometimes the place I go
Is so deep and dark and desperate
I don't know, I don't know

How every day
Every day, every day
You save my life


Sometimes I swear, I don't know if
I'm comin' or goin'
But you always say something
Without even knowin'
That I'm hangin' on to your words
With all of my might and it's alright
Yeah, I'm alright for one more night-
Every day
Every day, every day, every day
Every day, every day
You save me, you save me, oh, oh, oh
Every day
Every, every, every day-

Every day you save my life

I just want to say how much I love my husband. I have had my fair share of struggles since we got married. It's been hard not being able to find a job and being away from family and things like that. And every time, without fail, he is there to pick up the pieces when I fall apart. I don't know what I would do without him. Looking back, I can't stand to think that I almost gave all of that up. I love him soooo much! I am so grateful for all he does. And I can't imagine life without him! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment