Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

And Then There was Three!


Most of you already know...we're expecting a baby! Our first prenatal appointment was on Monday where we got the first official picture!


Chad and I are very excited! It's still a little unreal for me though. I think that is mostly because it was so unexpected. I never thought it would happen so quickly after we got married. I feel so young and unprepared. Luckily, I still have 6-7 months to prepare myself for what is to come.

The emotions I have felt through this whole thing have been interesting. From the very beginning I have been excited. I have spent my whole life preparing to be a worthy wife and mother. I love little kids. I have always loved babysitting. Screaming kids don't really phase me anymore. Like most women, whenever I am playing with young kids and babies I have always longed for the day when it would be my child. And that day is finally arriving. I can't wait for the day when I feel the baby move for the first time. I can't wait to find out whether it is a boy or a girl. I can't wait for the day when I will be lying on my back watching my stomach moving like crazy. And I can't wait for the day when I will finally be able to hold my baby in my arms. I already love this baby with all that I have and I haven't even met him or her.

And yet it has been really hard to enjoy all of that when I know that there are people that think we're crazy for having this baby so young. I understand their concerns....I have the same ones. The main one being school. I have always planned to finish school and I still plan on it. I know it won't be easy. I'm sure being a mom and getting through school will be one of the hardest things I will ever do. But I know I am strong and I can do it. It will most likely take a lot longer than originally planned but I can do it.

I don't want people to think about all of the things that we will be giving up for this baby. When Chad and I kneeled across the altar in the temple of Lord, we made a covenant that we would "multiply and replenish the earth." And the Lord didn't put a time limit on it. He didn't say when it was most convenient or after we finish school, He just had us covenant to do so. And I know that we will be blessed for fulfilling that covenant. The Lord will not leave us alone as we struggle through the financial and time burden this baby will be. The Lord is bound when we do what He says. I am so grateful for that knowledge and that testimony. I am so grateful for this baby and the wonderful blessing that he/she will be. And I am very anxious to feel the love that this baby will bring into our lives. :)

2 comments: