Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Christmas '10

Well, I was a horrible mom and only took a few pictures of Jarek's first Christmas. I really am a horrible picture taker. I am trying to be better.

The three of us were able to spend Christmas in Minnesota with mi familia. What a wonderful time we had! It was so great to be able to spend some time with my family. I was so grateful for the opportunity my family had to meet Jarek (and Chad's sister, Tiffani, and her family, of course!). We all had a blast. We spent a lot of time being lazy, which was a great break from the stresses of life. Chad got to spend a week away from work as a reward for all the hard work he's been putting in. And Chad got to spend some time getting to know and feeling more comfortable with my family. It was a wonderful trip all around. The only bad thing was the lack of Derek, Brayden, Makayla, Andrea, Joe, and Tali. We missed them all very much! Luckily, we don't have to wait long for us all to be together again! We've got a family camping trip in Moab planned in May and we are so excited! It will be the first time we've all been together since James and Jess' wedding. It's going to be so much fun!

And now for the few pictures that were taken at Christmas:

Jarek and his Omma.

Spending time with Bunga, my awesome grandma. What a beautiful woman she is, inside and out!


Hanging out with Bumpa, my awesome grandpa. My grandparents have been such a huge part of my life. It's hard to think that their years are numbered. I'm so grateful to have these pictures so I can look back on them with Jarek and tell him stories about their lives and my memories of them. I hope my children will be able to feel as connected to their great-grandparents as I did, even though I never had the chance to know them.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment